It's been a long time. Basically, I had to make some changes before I could function as an animator.
Things that are different since you last heard from me;
* Quit gulping energy drinks
* Got rid of the alter ego and just let it be a band name.
* Tossed out the blue glasses and bought some rose-colored ones.
* Got re-acquainted with Macs at work (my old screen name was a reference to my
inability to use a Macintosh).
* Landed a job as a film editor.
* Registered for NWFC.
* Created a more positive internet persona.
* Graduated from the Claymation program at NWFC.
Life is different now... The class I just finished is taught by Oscar-winning Director and animator Will Vinton. I've wanted to learn this since I was 12 and watching the specials and commercials on TV. It was really a dream come true and the opportunity of a lifetime to get to do this.
I'm also learning better audio techniques, writing for Stop Motion Magazine, co-writing a book with Marc Spess of Animateclay, voicing a short film, and...eventually...founding a new dimensional animation studio, if I don't burn myself out trying to do too much.
Life is great! Trust your instincts... Follow your dreams. You never know where you'll end up or what you'll be doing when you get there. You also never know who you will meet, who will be able to help you in your journey, and who you will help in theirs.